EQUITY, INCLUSION, DIVERSITY, OPPORTUNITY AND RESPECT.
Local 887's Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Access Committee has submitted a response to the BIPOC Theatremakers, authors of the letter to DEAR WHITE AMERICAN THEATRE. "Our response is meant to affirm our shared goals to uplift, center, and celebrate the contributions of artists of color, and to take responsibility for creating a more equitable and anti-racist work environment". Read Local 887's full response .
Seattle theater leaders work toward anti-racism- Seattle Times 12/20/2020
IATSE Announces Two Actions to Increase Diversity, Inclusion http://www.btlnews.com/news/iatse-diversity-inclusion/
"THE GROUND WE STAND ON" MESSAGE FROM IATSE June 2020 To the authors and signatories of “The Ground We Stand On” in the arts community, and all our industry kin, we in the IATSE know that you see us. Please know we are listening to you as you rightly demand equality, inclusion, diversity, fairness, opportunity and respect. . . . more
Fincancial Assistance, Emotional Support, Education and Community Engagement
Have you considered applying for help from the Actor's Fund? IATSE has sponsored a special fund for members. To qualify for Actor's Fund assistance you must have less than $15,000 in liquid assets and need immediate help with expenses. Qualifying IATSE members are eligible for two $1000 grants.
Eligibility and documentation for IATSE locals:
You must be a paid-up member to be eligible. Current membership card or confirmation by union including end date.
- Documentation of a minimum of $6,500 in earnings for three out of the last five years. Accepted forms of earnings documentation include: Union Pension and Health statements, contracts, W-2 or 1099 forms.
- Most recent checking and savings bank statement, including name, address and balance totals.
- Current lease, rent or mortgage statement. If none of these are available, another household bill with your name and address.
- IATSE members can apply for a second grant 45 days after receiving the first grant. Second time applicants do not need to submit earnings again, just the application and bank statements.
Behind the Scenes offers counseling and referrals for entertainment industry workers, including a simple peer-to-peer app and therapists specializing in entertainment industry workers.
Discover safety and education resources for yourself and our community here.
Click here to view a list of financial support resources for entertainment workers.
The International has launched C.A.R.E.S. (Coronavirus Active Response and Engagement Service), a new initiative to organize mutual aid amongst for the most vulnerable of our sisters and brothers. The efforts will be centered around a new website: iatsecares.org. The initiative establishes a “Buddy System”, where members in need may request for a volunteer to call them at the frequency of their choice. The website has a volunteer form, which you may have recieved from the International in your email as well.
WASHINGTON STATE HEALTHPLAN BROKER
- Local 15 hosts a weekly newletter and conversation regarding UI benefits. Its really helpful. Sign up here.
- Facing a challenge to your benefits? Our friends at the Unemployment Law Project are the resource your need. They also invite you to their weekly question and answer forums regarding unemployment. Follow this link and register to participate.
- The Employment Security Department (ESD) website. Click here to sign up for alerts from the Employment Security Department.
Jeff Johnson is a Washington Heathplan broker who is familiar with our work and our affiliation with the IATSE health benefit fund. Brokers services are free. He, can provide help with Individual medical, dental and Medicare insurance options.
Jeffrey B Johnson RHU, CEBS
JBJ Insurance Group LLC
Auburn WA 98092
REGISTER WITH LOCAL 887
Before starting work at an IATSE Local 887 represented venue, be sure to read over the FAQ's and then Click Here to request registration forms.
In need of a highly skilled tailor, draper, stitcher, crafts person, or wardrobe assistant? Look no further. This is what we do! Click here to tell us what you're looking for.
Washington Paid Medical Leave: Click here to find out more about the new Paid Family and Medical Leave benefit.